Skip to content
Content begins here
Laid Back Hold
Laid Back Position
- Lay back and place your baby between your breasts.
- Your baby will move towards your breast and attach to your nipple.
- Help your baby in whatever way feels natural.
Cradle and Cross Cradle Hold
Cross Cradle Hold
- Lay your baby across your front, tummy to tummy with you and with his nose across from your nipple.
- In the cradle position, your elbow will hold your baby’s head, and your opposite hand will support your baby’s bottom.
- In the cross-cradle position, your hand will support your baby’s head, and the same elbow will support the baby’s bottom.
- Lie your baby at your side with his tummy turned in toward you, and his nose across from your nipple.
- Lie on your side with your knees bent.
- Lie your baby on his side, facing you, with his nose across from your nipple.
- Support your baby by placing your hand, a pillow, or rolled up blanket behind him.