Breastfeeding Support 24/7: 855-550-6667
Breastfeeding Organizations & Groups
- Lactation Support
Lactation consultants who can help you with breastfeeding.
- WIC Peer Counseling Services
Peer Counselors who can help you with breastfeeding.
- Texas WIC provides Texas families real support to get and stay healthy. WIC benefits are for pregnant women, new mothers, infants, and children up to their fifth birthday. Services include the WIC food benefits card, breastfeeding education and support, nutrition assessments, counseling, group classes, online classes, peer support, recipes, and referrals.
- Texas Ten Step Hospitals
Find a Texas Ten Step facility that supports breastfeeding in your area.
- Texas Mother-Friendly Worksites are the best places for moms to work! A business can become designated as a Texas Mother-Friendly Worksite if it has a written lactation support policy that provides flexible work schedules; access to a private location(s), other than a bathroom, where mothers can pump milk; access to a nearby sink with clean water; and access to hygienic storage.
- Mother's Milk Bank at Austin
A nonprofit that accepts, pasteurizes and dispenses donor human milk by physician prescription, primarily to premature and ill infants.
- La Leche League International
A nonprofit that provides information and support to nursing mothers.
Mental & Emotional Health Resources
For immediate help in a crisis, call 9-1-1.
- National Maternal Mental Health Hotline
Free, confidential hotline available 24/7 for pregnant and new moms. Available in English and Spanish. Call or text 833-9-HELP4MOMS (833-943-5746).
- 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
Free, confidential hotline available 24/7 with trained counselors. Available in English or Spanish. Phone: 988.
- ChildHelp Hotline
Free, confidential hotline available 24/7 for concerns of child abuse. Call or text 800-4-A-CHILD (800-422-4453).
- SAMHSA Mental Health Help & Treatment Locator
Information on depression, including a locator to find mental health help in your area.
- Postpartum Support International
A helpline and online postpartum depression support group for moms or dads. Call or text 800-944-4PPD (4773). In Spanish, text 971-203-7773.
- Pregnancy, Parenting and Depression Resource List
Resource list containing the names and addresses of organizations that can help you find a local resource to meet your needs.
- National Mental Health Association
Information on perinatal depression, including a locator to find a mental health center or provider in your area. Phone: 800-969-NMHA (6642).
- National Institute of Mental Health
Health information and research studies on depression.
- National Women’s Health Information Center
Frequently asked questions about depression and pregnancy are available on the web site. Phone: 800-994-9662.
- Postpartum Depression from Baby Center.
- 800-311-BABY (2229)
For information on free or reduced cost prenatal services in your community. In Spanish: 800-504-7081.
- Texas Advocacy Project
Free legal services to survivors of domestic abuse, stalking or sexual assault in the state of Texas. Phone: 800-374-HOPE (4673)