Texas WIC: more than just healthy foods
Every month, almost a million Texans come to WIC to get the services, support, and inspiration they need to have a healthy pregnancy, breastfeed successfully, and raise amazing kids!
You can get one-on-one breastfeeding and nutrition counseling, take online classes, and learn about other resources in the community that can help you make smart, healthy choices for your family every day.
More than half of the babies in Texas get WIC services
WIC is open to many incomes and families. If you are on Medicaid, TANF, or SNAP you may automatically qualify for WIC. If you don't qualify for those programs, you may still be eligible for the Texas WIC program.
Call 1-800-942-3678 or go to TexasWIC.org to find a clinic near you.
Texas WIC provides support to:
- Pregnant women
- New mothers
- Children up to their 5th birthday
Texas WIC benefits include:
- Personal attention from WIC breastfeeding experts, and extra WIC benefits like breast pumps and special food packages.
- Nutrition classes, children's activities, and cooking demonstrations, and shopping tips to help you and your children stay healthy.
- Referrals to health-care services near you.
- A Texas WIC card to help you buy nutritious foods in the grocery store.